Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The Only Constant Thing

Image courtesy of Man of Depravity
They say that the only constant thing in life is change. This seems like a huge contrast, but when you really think about it, it's true. Relationships, buildings, trees, even stars will go away. But things will always be changing. Cities will change, currencies will change, relationships will change, situations will change. Most of all, people will change. Things like habits and ideas will change as the person does. Different events in our life help shape and differ who we are as we discover new parts of ourselves. We can also look back on past selves and see how we have improved. There are different ways to look back at your past self, like pictures, essays, and blogs (wink wink). So, I am going to look back on how I have changed through the time I have had this blog (we all saw that coming).

Mostly, I have opened up more. My first posts were just descriptions of events. Things like the sports teams I liked, the teams I was on, just things that happened in my life. I also talked about my family and friends, the other people in my life. Later on, however, my posts got more in depth. They became more about the different aspects and feelings of life. More about the physical and mental obstacles we all face. And more about who I am, as a person. I love that. Being able to open up more about who I am and my life was awesome. This was also a place where I could blow off some steam, have a good little rant, and then actually have people read about my anger!

I also want to talk about where I got my inspiration. Because I definitely stole ideas and put them into my posts. I got these things from people like AllisonMaggie, and a blog called The Happily Ever After Project. They are so creative and inspirational on their blogs. The things they write about are fun to read, impressive, funny, serious, and, at times, perfectly personal. Like the crafts on The Balancing Act. My friend Allison does all these DIYs in her free time (I don't know how she has time, but she's already perfect so it makes sense). I have done a couple of them and my favorite one was the book box. This is where you cut out the inside of a book, modge podge the pages together, and use it as a box. It is so cool! Another one is Beauty and the Beam. The owner of this blog is Maggie, and she is also amazing. I loved looked at her posts about her gymnastics teams and tried to use things like that in my swimming posts.

This blog has been super fun to have, and I'm sad to be saying goodbye. It's okay though, we had a good run.
Signing off,
Natalie.
Here is a pig flying, you are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment